What have I learned lately?

>> Wednesday, June 11

Because I am still new at the "adult" world, I am constantly learning new things about myself, or about life. Not that anyone can ever learn it all, but it seems I learn things a bit later than normal...

For example, I have had the same shower curtain liner for a while. I finally decided that I wanted a new one! A really nice, thick plastic one that's mold resistant and...well just a really nice one! I chose to shop for this item at Bed Bath and Beyond. I go on my lunch break, which lasts for an hour, however, when you count the travel time to and from the store, I really only had about a half an hour to obtain my fabulous new curtain. I walk around and finally spot the bathroom section of the store. I see them. (I am really excited at this point!) So I start picking them up and reading all the labels finally finding the brand I wanted. This took about 12 minutes, you see, because THERE WERE LIKE 15 BRANDS OF SHOWER CURTAIN LINERS!! Why did no one ever tell me this!?!?!? On top of this, they aren't just "one size fits all!" Oh no....there are sizes. I started thinking very logically about it...I finally decided, and anyone who has seen my shower would agree, that I only needed the smallest one. I have a small shower and did not want a gargantuous sheet of plastic in my little tub. I walked out feeling proud only to realize that, due to the number of decisions I had to make, I was now having to rush back to make it to work! Crazy! So, I get home after work and begin the process. I took down the old one and began opening the new one. It smelled so strong of plastic but I didn't care! It was MY NEW shower curtain. I began attaching the new one to my shower rings and as I hooked the last hole on, I noticed I had many rings left on the bar with no shower curtain hole to attach to. This is not good. This can only mean one thing....I GOT THE WRONG SIZE!? Yes, I, Rachel Luhm, admit that I was not aware of the size of my bathtub. So, now I have to keep an eye out to make sure I am not flooding the house during a shower. It's really fun. This is a great example of things they don't teach you in school...


**Parents, please make sure your children know how big the bathtub is and what a trivet is...this will make their lives much easier in the long run.**

5 comments:

Elizabeth Myatt June 11, 2008 at 11:00 PM  

You are so funny...why did you not take it back?

Anonymous June 12, 2008 at 7:20 AM  

Rachel....that is so funny! I will need to see if Lydia knows what a trivet is. HA! I certainly know Jon and Drew do not! Actually my poor children grew up thinking it was not a chest of drawers but a chester drawers because of the way I said it.
They just figured it was the man that
came up with the design! HAHAHAHA!
Love ya!
Molly

Rachel Sara June 12, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

I had already hung it up!?! I would not have been able to get it back into the teeny package and I doubted they would have taken a wet shower curtain in a plastic bag...even with a receipt.

Anonymous June 12, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

You were taught what both of these things were...that was in the days when you didn't listen to us... Daddy...

Anonymous June 15, 2008 at 11:15 PM  

Just throw it away and start again. You have learned so much. mom