NYC
>> Saturday, November 29

Last weekend I traveled to the Big Apple for a whirlwind weekend trip! Here's what went down...
I started the trip by being picked up at my house at 6:30am Friday morning by Granddaddy to head to the airport. Caught my flight to Detroit, stepped out of the gate, walked to the next gate and boarded the next plane to NYC. I got a cab from the airport and headed to Alexandria's office. She works for Veranda magazine in the Hurst Building at 57th and 8th. I got to go inside and see her office, which was very swank, and meet some of her co-workers. She then gave me instructions on how to get to her apartment. I headed for the subway and made it to her apartment about 15 minutes later, although it is a struggle to navigate the subway system while trying to roll a suitcase behind you. She lives on the upper west side on a beautiful "You've Got Mail" looking kind of street. Her apartment is very cute. She has three wonderful roommates, who I so enjoyed getting to know. I showered and got all pretty for dinner that night. She had made reservations at Otto, which is one of Mario Batali's restaurants. We enjoyed wonderful pizza and cheese! It was a gorgeous place and exactly what I had pictured of a typical NY fine dining restaurant. We then headed to Vig Bar for her friends birthday party. They had reserved the back room, which was beautiful! Around 11:30pm, I was ready to hit the sack. We headed back to the apartment to get ready for the next day. Saturday morning, we headed out to brunch. Turns out that I LOVE BRUNCH!! Then we shopped around on 34th street and enjoyed looking at the Macy's windows. We headed down to Times Square to stand in line for tickets to a show. It was freezing!!!!!! We made it to the front and got our tickets to Shrek the Musical! We had dinner with her roommate at the Shake Shack! It was the best burger I have ever had!! The show was so great! It was starring Sutton Foster!!! I mean, who wouldn't love it?!?!?! Sunday morning we had brunch again at Fred's, which, again, was great!!! Then I hit the bus to the airport. It took about an hour but well worth the $2 vs. $40 in a cab.
It was a great trip and I miss NYC already!!!
1 comments:
Sounds like a ton of fun. I would love to go to NYC one day. I would have a difficult time choosing what theater production to see. I am so glad you got to go......
Post a Comment