Fireproof

>> Tuesday, October 7


Last Friday night, me and my movie buddy, Dad, went to see Fireproof. We both had such strong feelings about it that I wanted to share my thoughts.

I knew from the very beginning that it was going to be a tear-jerker. I looked at Dad after the first few lines of the movie and told him he was going to be in trouble for bringing me to that movie because I already had tears in my eyes. In case you didn't know, this movie was written and directed by the same church that did Facing the Giants. As it started, sure, just as in Facing the Giants, it had it's moments of not the greatest acting, but just as you maybe notice, you don't care. The story has so much power and emotion. I know Dad and I were not the only ones in the theater that night who felt that way. At one crucial point in the movie, (I won't give anything away) Dad brought to my attention the "hush" that was in the room. You have never heard a theater so quiet with such force. No coughing, no cell phones, no crunching popcorn, and no movement. Only silence. After that, the emotions of the film got stronger and, therefore, the tears came harder. By the end, Dad and I, along with basically everyone else in the place, were sobbing. I was passing napkins down the row to some other ladies who had none. When it was over, I stopped in the restroom. Every woman that came in had red, puffy eyes and some were still crying. Needless to say, it was a very powerful movie with an amazing faith-based plot. I don't want to give away any details of the movie because I HATE it when people ruin movies for me. So all I can say is see for yourself.
I urge you to go see this movie. Even if you think this is not really a movie you would enjoy, GO ANYWAYS! I am a good babysitter, call me if that's standing in your way.

To see the trailer, click here

3 comments:

Elizabeth Myatt October 7, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

ok...I'll go, what night are you available :-)

Anonymous October 8, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

I'll go with you Lizzy...

Great review Rach!!! I had fun.

Poppa

ginaburch October 13, 2008 at 3:10 PM  

actually , a babysitter is standing in my way:) do you know infant cpr? travel to knoxville? :) don't get too lonely this week while everyone's at the beach!