The bad morning...
>> Saturday, May 10
So, i am finally ready to post about what happened Friday morning. (This is for you Molly! Enjoy your coffee!))
Let me give a little back story...my backyard is really more of a fenced in area of mud/water, especially with the amount of rain we have had. I have a dog with long hair that gets muddy very very easily. That being said...
There is a strip of grass on one side of my driveway that is a perfect place for me to take Lizzy out when it has been raining and I don't feel like putting her in the bathtub. So, Friday morning, it's 8:00am. It had rained the day before and therefore, muddy in the back. So, before I headed out to work, I took Lizzy out. As she was "finding her spot" and had just started to go tee-tee, my neighbor comes bolting out of his front door, yelling at me for letting my dog do that in his yard!
Did I mention that he was IN HIS UNDERWEAR!?!?!?!?!? (And, technically, the little strip she was doing her business in was my yard) So, a grown man, with two of his own children, and a man I have been friends with for 2 years decides to do this. He said what he felt like he needed to say and went back inside. (This all happened very quickly) I could not say a word. I was shocked that this had just happened to me. So, I called dad and sobbed all the way to work while telling him what had happened! All day I was trying to figure out what I wanted to say to him because I felt like something needed to be said. After talking to several people about it, I decided that my saying anything would do nothing. Here was my conclusion: If he is not going to come and apologize to me for treating me like that, then he obviously doesn't think he did anything wrong. And if he really thinks it is acceptable to treat someone like that, in his panties nonetheless, then anything I would say to him is not going to matter one bit. So, there you have it......Penny for your thoughts....
Let me give a little back story...my backyard is really more of a fenced in area of mud/water, especially with the amount of rain we have had. I have a dog with long hair that gets muddy very very easily. That being said...
There is a strip of grass on one side of my driveway that is a perfect place for me to take Lizzy out when it has been raining and I don't feel like putting her in the bathtub. So, Friday morning, it's 8:00am. It had rained the day before and therefore, muddy in the back. So, before I headed out to work, I took Lizzy out. As she was "finding her spot" and had just started to go tee-tee, my neighbor comes bolting out of his front door, yelling at me for letting my dog do that in his yard!
Did I mention that he was IN HIS UNDERWEAR!?!?!?!?!? (And, technically, the little strip she was doing her business in was my yard) So, a grown man, with two of his own children, and a man I have been friends with for 2 years decides to do this. He said what he felt like he needed to say and went back inside. (This all happened very quickly) I could not say a word. I was shocked that this had just happened to me. So, I called dad and sobbed all the way to work while telling him what had happened! All day I was trying to figure out what I wanted to say to him because I felt like something needed to be said. After talking to several people about it, I decided that my saying anything would do nothing. Here was my conclusion: If he is not going to come and apologize to me for treating me like that, then he obviously doesn't think he did anything wrong. And if he really thinks it is acceptable to treat someone like that, in his panties nonetheless, then anything I would say to him is not going to matter one bit. So, there you have it......Penny for your thoughts....
1 comments:
Thanks Rachel, I did enjoy my coffee!
I am so sorry that you under dressed neighbor treated you that way. I am thinking it is the same people who have lived here all these years that also had dogs? Well, you can only control your reactions. I would not
let that person live "rent free" in your head. Don't give it another thought. Unfortunately people react than talk to you. It probably has nothing to do about you or Lizzie but
something else that has frustrated him. Hopefully he will try to talk to you about it.
Post a Comment